I really have no excuse for not tending to this blog in recent years, except maybe for the fact that I just fell out of the habit of reviewing books and what was happening in my life once the spicy rona hit. The world was just in a complete free-fall, and my way of coping was to put my head in the sand and just consume books as I stayed in my house and stressed. Not original, I know. But that was how the ensuing three years for me went. Lockdowns - mind you I live in rural QLD where there were less than a dozen known cases in total - and panic buying at the few local grocery stores in the district. I can't tell you how 'wonderful' it was to walk down the toilet paper aisle and see that it had been stripped bare by panic buyers when all I wanted was a packet of loo paper.
So, that was then and it's now six years later... where has the time gone?... and I've been feeling the urge to get back into this blog. I did try recently to organise a blog on WordPress, but it was so frustrating and not an intuitive system like blogger (for all it's faults, ease of use is not one of them), so instead of beginning anew elsewhere, I thought I might give this old girl an overhaul and see what happens.
With that in mind, I'll be updating my 2026 Reading Challenge list and where I'm at with it. I did resurrect my old #AClassicAMonth challenge as well as my #BigBook challenge (in an upcoming post), plus a new one where I have pulled a few books off my shelves that have been starring, unread, at me for way too many years. Then there is my Stephen King Journey that has had a major resurgence in 2026, as well as the numerous books and series that I have discovered and can't wait to tell you all about. It's all go for me on the reading front at the moment.
Anyway, that's all for this initial rambling. Might get around to changing the appearance of the blog as well as tidy up some of the older tabs. Fingers crossed I can get back into the habit as I had a lot of fun making the graphics and recommending books to you in the past.
So, until I see you next time,


No comments:
Post a Comment