October 14, 2007

Not Again!


Hi there! If it's not one thing, it's another at the moment. I've just about given up on my old computer (6yo, but has had upgrades). It has a nasty habit at the moment of just dying on me. I'm extremely tempted to get a new one... maybe a Mac?... and then have a ceremonial tossing of the computer down the stairs. A little bit violent perhaps, but when I think about all the files that I've lost... grrrr

I've been reading quite abit lately - the only option open when your trying to entertain yourself at night while also trying to save a bit of cash - and have just been able to get my hands on the 3rd Carrie Vaughn book, Kitty takes a Holiday.

Now I have to admit that I haven't been able to find her 1st book, so I'll state right up front that the relationship between her and Cormac and Ben is still a little bit of a mystery to me (one of these days I'll find it at the book shop). I did like the story and the characters. You really feel for Kitty and her 'friends'.

Now its put me in a 'gotta read more shapeshifters' kick, so I've been raiding my large bookcase and replacing the other books that I've had in a smaller bookcase in my bedroom.

Note to self - I've got to get either a bigger bookcase, or a bigger bedroom to put all these ruddy books!

I've gone through my list of usual suspects, LKH, Yasmine Galenorn, Kelley Armstrong, Patricia Briggs, Christine Warren, Nalini Singh, MaryJanice Davidson, Christine Feehan, Carrie Vaughn, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lora Leigh, Tanya Huff, Keri Arthur and even Alice Borchardt. I desperately need some new shapeshifting authors.... can anyone out there HELP!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, here we go..Alexandra Ivy, Rob Thurman, Vicki Petterson, Karen Chance, Michelle Rowen, Jennifer Armintrout, Shifter series author Lori Handeland, Natasha Rhodes, Kresley Cole, Jenna Black and shifter series author Sunny...These are all paranormal authors. Hope that helped you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Crystal, thanks for the new authors. I have read Lori Handeland and I adore Sunny! I've tried Bitten & Smitten by Michelle Rowen. I have 2 of Vicki Petterson's Zodiac series books, but I haven't tried Alexandra Ivy or Natasha Rhodes so I'll check out my local library (aka home away from home) to see if I can find them.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete