July 25, 2012

More books for the To Be Read pile


Just got home yesterday from visiting with the family and I managed yet again to bring back much more than I took.  Since my aunt was having surgery, my mother and I went to the shopping centre to distract ourselves, and I ended up buying more books than I should have.

After a few hours browsing the stores with mum, I ended up with 14 new books to my name!  I know what you're thinking... "did you really need them?", but seriously, I found some great deals thanks to the end of financial year sales (5 for $25 at a major book chain) and found some older hard to get books for as little as $3.50 at one store.  So no, it didn't cost me an arm and a leg, but I have no idea where the heck I'm going to put them all considering I brought back nearly 100 books from my own collection I still have stashed at my family's place.


So what did I buy?  Well, thank you for asking.  My latest haul got me

  • A Wild Light - Marjorie M Liu
  • Warrior Woman - Johanna Lindsey
  • The Flame and the Shadow - Denise Rossetti
  • Working Stiff - Rachel Caine
  • Salt and Silver - Anna Katherine
  • Death Most Definite - Trent Jamieson
  • Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg - Tawny Taylor
  • This Side of the Grave - Jeaniene Frost
  • City of Souls - Vicki Pettersson
  • Ill Wind - Rachel Caine
  • Firestorm - Rachel Caine
  • Weddings Can Be Murder - Christie Craig
  • Carpe Demon - Julie Kenner
  • Requim for a Mezzo - Carola Dunn


Plus, I also got a new book in the mail, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor.  I think I'll be quite busy for the next week or so.  This is on top of the nearly 2 dozen books I've gotten from the library that I have to get through in the next 3 weeks.  Thankfully I've managed to read about 6 of those, but I still have Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London and Whispers Under Ground.  I think I've nearly bitten off more than I can chew.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment