February 10, 2013

A perfect way to spend the day

 
I think I had a nearly perfect day yesterday.  After buying a few necessities (books), I came home and settled down on the couch to dive into the newest residents of my bookcase.  I had a cup of tea, a few chocolates and biscuits for nibblies, a cat by my side and a nice warm lap rug.
 
With the rain coming down, and not a sound to be heard from the neighbours, I was in book heaven.  It's so rare to get the right conditions to really have a great read.  My favourite time, as you have probably figured out by now, is a cool rainy day when I'm not likely to have to stop every 20 minutes because someone is talking too loud, or mowing.  When you can snuggle up on the couch with a nice hot cup of tea and a nibbly, no television or music... ah, nirvana...
 
So, of the 9 books I picked up yesterday I managed to finish 7 yesterday.  I was up until nearly midnight but I just couldn't seem to put them down!  There were a few surprises in the bunch, and I will put up a short review on each as I go back and give them a second read as all the story lines are bleeding into one another in my head at the moment.  As for my favourite.... well, that actually happens to be the last book of the day.  It's actually one my mother has had for years, but I just never really paid attention to it.  It is Linda Howard's To Die For.  I am giving it a second read again today, and have even found the next book, Drop Dead Gorgeous, and have it sitting in my wishlist.
 
Hope your weekend is as book filled as mine.
 
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment