February 26, 2013

Rainy Days

Just great.  It's only been about 3 weeks since we'd last had torrential rain and flooding in the region - and my street - and now it's back again.  For the last two days it's been coming down in sheets.  I really shouldn't complain because this is my all time favourite weather, but I am worried about the flooding.  That being said, I'm whiling away the hours of enforced enclosure by reading a dearly loved - and always at the ready - series that never gets old.  Yes, that's right.  I've dipped back into the bookshelf for Stephanie Plum.  Now I know that I go there a lot, but there is just something about the series that just hits the spot.  It's funny and quirky, fast paced and just an all round great series - and if you love J.D. Robb, Jayne Ann Krentz, I'd highly recommend you check it out.   The characters are well written and seem to just jump off the page (especially after hearing Lorelei King's narrations).  Lula is a real card, and although I would pass out on the spot if I had her for my Granny, Edna Mazur is a real pistol.   With nineteen books under her belt for this series, Janet Evanovich has kept me interested in the eternal love triangle that is Stephanie, Joe and Ranger.   Even though we're up to book 20 this year, I have only found one or two that didn't really hit the spot with me.... plus I just love to daydream about Ranger and Morelli.  Really, who doesn't?

So, after I'm finished here I will make myself a hot cup of tea, break out the Tim Tams (Caramel, of course) and dive back into Lean Mean Thirteen.   Hope you find some fabulous books this week.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment