June 5, 2013

Lots of books to share

Finally, I'm back in the realm of connectivity!  The last week and a half have been oh so frustrating as every time I fire up the laptop to tell you all about the great books I've read, the connection has been slower than a slug.  But fear not, my lovelies! For I shall be changing providers soon, and big lags between posts will {fingers crossed} be a thing of the past ;-D
In the meantime, I'm coming to you live from my smart phone (they may be handy, but its such a pain in the butt to do!).  Anyway, here are the micro reviews of my most recent forays into the world of dead trees....

Written in Red (Anne Bishop) - Love, love, loved it! 4 1/2 stars
Unsympathetic Magic (Laura Resnick) - okay, but could have been better. 2 1/2 stars
Dark Serpent (Kylie Chan) - OMG!!!!  If you've followed the series then you must BUY IT! 5 stars
Dead on Delivery & Dead Letter Day (Eileen Rendahl) - not brilliant, but better than average.  Interesting twists here and there.  3 stars each
God Save the Queen & The Queen is Dead (Kate Locke) - absolutely awesome!  A must read steampunk series. 4 1/2 stars
Discount Armageddon (Seanan McGuire) - a non-starter for me.  Great ideas, but execution left me wanting. 1 star




New in my TBR pile are;
•  3-in-1 volume of Simon R. Greene's 'A Walk on the Night side'.  Can't wait.
•  As Wicked as She Wants by Delilah S. Dawson.
•  Binding the Shadows by Jenn Bennett.  Finally, I have book 3 in my hands, and lastly
•  Dead on the Delta by Stacey Jay (and my 2nd book club title).

Well, that's me done until next time.  I promise to put up the expanded reviews ASAP.  So until then...

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment