June 16, 2013

New Titles for Book Club

It's taken me two days to get enough oomph in my WI-FI coverage just to blog without constant issues.  However, I'm excited to say that the second meeting of the Fangtastic Fiction Book Club met at my local library last Friday, and we spent a fabulous morning just chatting about books - it was great!

We then had the enormous task of trying to decide what to read in June.  It took us a while, but in the end it was decided that we shall be reading... {drum roll if you please}

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger

I am looking forward to E&E - I loved the Parasol Protectorate series! - but I am not too sure about The Goddess Test.  For some reason we ended up with two books that are firmly in the YA section, but apart from the odd fabulous book, I've pretty much outgrown YA.  Who knows?  Perhaps The Goddess Test will be one of those stunning reads?   The other odd coincidence is that both books are the first in a series - a hint for later reading materials, perhaps?

Wish me luck, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment