September 24, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday - Non YA Books

 

Good morning, and welcome to another Top 5 Wednesday!  For your blogging pleasure this week we will be counting down our Top 5 Non YA Books.  Since I mostly own/read non-YA this week will be less stressful than most, but I always enjoy trying to fulfil the Top 5 list each week ;-D

Also, instead of just having my top 5 non-YA books, I went for my Top 5 go-to books.  These are the books that I seem to read, and re-read, the most.


 

 Two for the Dough - Janet Evanovich
Stephanie Plum #2

I love this series!  It is a quick and super funny read.  The characters are memorable - as are some of the situations Stephanie finds herself in - and this is my go-to series if I want something that makes me laugh ;-D  Plus I get to daydream about Ranger and Morelli . . . {swoon!}



A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness
All Souls Trilogy #1

I adore this trilogy.  It contains some of my favourite things - witches, vampires, history and genealogy ;-D  I have re-read this book numerous times since it came out, and I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.



God Save the Queen - Kate Locke
Immortal Empire #1

I have been getting back into Steampunk, and apart from the wonderful Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger, this would have to be my next favourite series.  I recently reacquainted myself with Xandra and Vex.  I love the way that the author integrates Victorian themes into a modern day setting, complete with alternate history, and very cool gadgets and fabulous fashions.  Can't wait to get my hands on the next two books in the trilogy ;-D

 


 Angel's Kiss - Nalini Singh
Guild Hunters #1

This would be the paranormal/urban fantasy series that I pick up most throughout the year.  Each time a new book is published I have to start reading the series again so that it's fresh in my mind.  Elena is an amazing heroine and has the weirdest - yet fascinating - character development.  And all I can say about Raphael is oh, boy!  It would have to take something drastic for me to ever ignore this series.  It's so good.



 

Naked in Death - J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts)
 In Death #1

I would have to say that out of the hundreds of books that I have crammed onto my bookshelves, that this is the book that gets re-read the most often and is therefore my favourite non YA book.  The characters are amazing - strong and insightful, yet flawed in ways that makes you wonder how they can function - and the police procedural aspect is always extremely well done.  The world building is amazing and I can't wait to see if some of the tech is around in another 40 years ;-D




So that is all for this week's Top 5 list.  I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed making it.  If you have any questions or comments, click on the links below... you know what to do :-D

Oh, and if you would like to join the Top 5 Wednesday community - started by the wonderful gingerreadslainey - I've included a link to the Goodreads page {here}.

Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment