December 5, 2014

Unexpected Book Haul



Just happened to drop in on a local secondhand/charity store in town only to find that they are having a 50% off sale - off everything!!  OMG! That's like waving a red flag to a bull and I was in there before I realised that I'd even parked the car ;-D

I found a few classics - including a copy of Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier that I'd read in high school!  After watching WORDS OF A READER and her review on Rebecca {SEE REVIEW HERE} , I thought I'd give it another try.   The other classics I bought were James Joyce's Ulysses, a really interesting black and red cover of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, and an old copy of Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.  Oh, and I actually found a hardcover of an little known Australian classic, The Nargun and the Stars by Patricia Wrightson.  I have vague recollections of this being made into a TV series in the early 80's on the ABC.  

There are a few copies of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books that I picked up.  I always like to get different covers for books I like, so I had to get these.  Mistral's Kiss is also a cover buy as I have the hardcover, and I couldn't believe that this paperback was so short!

Finally, there are Black Lynx, Red Riding Hood (movie tie-in), and a Marian Keyes book.  I've never read anything by Keyes, but this sounded interesting even if it is a big ass book ;-D

So I bought 14 books, and only paid $5!  Wow, that's actually more than 50% off! :-D  

Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment