January 22, 2016

I think I went a tad overboard...


Books and cats - a great combination!

I really think I had a few too many books on hold at the shop, but hey - at least I'm supporting local business, right? ;-D

Just before Christmas I was in the shop, browsing for gift ideas, when I spotted all five of the Ben Aaronovitch books!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I grabbed those puppies up before someone else bought any (or just one) so that I could have the complete set.  Thinking that this was a pretty good score, I was just about to leave when two white spines caught my eye further down the shelves.  Yep, it was parts one and two of the Words of Radiance book.  Another score.  And finally, I spotted a copy of The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.  Seriously, by that time I knew I had to get out of there before I bought even more books!

Today, I picked up that order - and I'd really forgotten just how many books there were!  Had to juggle a bit as I headed for the car with my arm load, but it was worth it as I now have all these lovely books waiting to get their picture taken (so I can post it on Instagram) before being added to my already bulging bookshelves.

Yep, couldn't resist those darned books!

I only have one more lot of books on hold, but I will be picking them up in the next 3 or so weeks.  I'm also in the middle of ordering 3 books (max) as I have a few books in series still to get.

{update: yes, I did order three books (above).  Two from my series, and The Princess Bride because it was such a good deal!}

I think I've done enough damage to the budget today.  I'll have to put that big bookcase I need to accommodate all my lovely books on my birthday, or Christmas, wishlist this year ;-D

Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment