March 11, 2016

Where's my pre-order?



So, yesterday I posted a little first impression review of Fire Touched that I read on the computer as I waited for the trade paperback to be published.  Well, what a difference 24 hours makes.  When I woke up this morning I had a reply from Book Depository.  It turns out that this trade edition of Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs will not be published until - wait for it - 31 January, 2017!  

Yes, that's right.  A whole ten and a half months from now.

I can't begin to describe how annoying this is, but I have been offered a full refund which is something at least.  So, since I don't want to fork out AUS$30 plus for the hardcover, I may as well wait and get the mass market paperback instead.

The funny thing is that when I was browsing Book Depository earlier this morning, Book Depository still hasn't changed the publication date for Fire Touched!  Grrr!  Has this happened to you?  Let me know in the comments as I'd love to hear that I'm not the only one left high and dry after pre-ordering.

Anyway, I hope you're having a better bookish day than I am.

Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment