January 11, 2020

My 2020 Reading Goals







Well, hello there!

Welcome to my first video for 2020.  I still can't believe we're into the roaring 20's of the 21st century.  This decade there are so many books that I have read that were considered modern classics when I was reading them for high school, or for pleasure, that are turning 100.

For this video I'm just going over my fairly laid back goals for 2020.  I'm relaxing my restrictions for my #BigBook2020 and my #aclassicamonth challenges. For the Big Book challenge I will consider any book over 800 pages.  Yep, I've dropped it back from the 1000 I previously used as I'm running out of those big a$$ books, so... and on the Classic a Month side, my only rule is that I pick a classic a month. Not that hard. I have the choice of any book that is considered a classic. Western or Eastern canons, translated, modern, childrens, you name it, it's fair game.

My Goodreads goal is a do-able 150 books. I usually fly through January with at least 60-70+ books because a hot Australian Summer + AC = lots of reading inside. May up it to 200 if needed, but I'm not planning on repeating a monster of a result like last year (still can't believe I wracked up 443!).

Now, in regards to my channel, uh, nothing major. Just hoping to be a bit more consistent in filming and posting videos. Hoping to get the grey cells up and firing soon so I can decide on perhaps a few future set ideas (Halloween, seasonal recommendations, uh, series recommendations, etc.), that may take a bit more time. I'd be well and truly screwed if I scripted any of my videos.

So, that's it. My 2020 Reading Goals in a nutshell.  I'd just like to say thank you for watching, and until I see you next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment