December 27, 2010

It's So Wet... and I'm SO Tired

Well, it's 2 days after Christmas... Merry Christmas!.... and the rain is just bucketing down.  It's been raining for the last 2 weeks, with only 2 days where it didn't rain.  The other night we ended up with 4 inches!  I think I should have asked Santa for a snorkel set this year - I could sure use it now.

Last night I had the worst nights sleep.  There was a party down the road (teenagers) and they were out wandering the street until nearly 1.30am!  I had hoped that the rain would just bucket down and douse their alcohol infused Boxing Day cheer, but alas it only sprinkled.  Still it was enough to make them head indoors.  Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to drown out the dance music.  Pity one of the people living next door didn't call the police.  So here I sit, trying to put two words together, with only about 4 hours sleep.  I shudder to think what they'll do on New Years Eve!

But today, the rain is just streaming down.  The ex-cyclone has now down-graded into a depression, and is heading down the Queensland coast.  So it looks like I'm housebound until Thursday at the earliest.  It's a good thing I was planning a quiet night in this New Years.  Maybe I'll just cuddle up with my Christmas pressie, a copy of Jane Eyre.

On top of that, I'll be studying for the foreseeable future.  No rest for the wicked is there :D

No comments:

Post a Comment