May 15, 2011

A mini milestone achieved!

woo hoo!  100 blog entries posted . . . go me!  I wondered how long it would take me to reach it.

For this momentus occassion, I'm going to share with you a truly simple but scrummy recipe for BBQ Pork Spare Ribs (they'll be ready for lunch) that came from an unlikely source.

I've been cooking this periodically for more than 10 years, and so far to date it's turned out perfectly each time.

If you want to, adjust the spices and salt to suit your tastes.  I use just a plain old run-of-the-mill tomato sauce, but you could use any type of catsup you fancy.
Okay, first the recipe.  I've used Pork, but you can use any type of meat you want.
click to enlarge
Now this recipe actually comes from a beat up old cookbook that I found in a thrift shop called Gone with the Wind Cook Book.  Usually recipes found in some of the 'movie' based cookbooks are a tad bizaar and not food that I'd usually cook.  If you ever come across this recipe book, snap it up.  The recipes are simple and easy to reproduce time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment