May 5, 2013

New books on the way

Last Friday night I couldn't sleep, so I decided to do a little online retail therapy.   While online I lost track of time, too busy scrolling through the pages of books on Book Depository.  Before I knew it, it was nearly 3:20am and I still hadn't been through the checkout!  So, it was nearly 4am before the lights went out - and I'm paying for the lack of sleep tonight - but I did find some more books to add to my already overflowing bookshelves.


In preparation for future book club selections, I hunted around to find a few series that sounded good  - and that I'll be OK putting aside for a little while - and, most importantly, that I hadn't read before.

* Discount Armageddon - Seanan McGuire
* Under Wraps - Hannah Jayne, and
* Darkness Unbound - Keri Arthur

As well as these, I also bought the second book in the Esther Diamond series by Laura Resnick, 'Unsympathetic Magic'.  Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, since I still haven't read book one yet for book club, but it never hurts to be positive ;-D

Then there were 3 titles that are part of series that I've already started to read. Who could resist revisiting the very cool alternate world of Blud with 'Wicked as She Wants' by Delilah S. Dawson.  Then there was 'Dead on Delivery', and 'Dead Letter Day' by Eileen Rendahl, the next two books in her A Messenger Novel series.  And last, but certainly by no means least, is a replacement copy for LKH's 'A Kiss of Shadows'.  My original copy is falling apart (see below pics) due to very frequent re-reading (and what I'm sure was a poor gluing of the pages to the spine).  I have to be very careful when I open it these days as the pages are just sitting there :-)

My poor book!
It's finally beyond repair.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get the same UK cover - and I really liked that cover, too.  I've had to settle for the US cover.  I just hope that the spine doesn't crack on this copy when you try to read the book!   Hopefully, this should keep me going for the next couple of weeks.  I'm back off to restock my wishlist!  Hope you've found a great book, or three, to read this week too.  Happy reading ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment