April 24, 2014

Hydrotherapy a joy

I was recently accepted into my local hospital's Hydrotherapy program.  Thanks to a referral from my Physio, I began the exercise program 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it!  The pool is lovely and warm - but no too hot! - and although I am the youngest member of the group (as usual ;-D) it is great to meet with a group of people who suffer from similar problems and understand the difficulties of everyday life.


So with only 3 weeks left of hydrotherapy with the physio, I will endeavor to make the most of every session.  Thankfully the exercises are structured in such a way that I will be able to keep it up when the program finishes.  The real surprise was the pool.  Pictured above, it was such a relief to walk in to the Aquatic Centre and find such a wonderful setup.  As you can see, the therapy pool has a ramp that gently runs down the length of the pool allowing access for those who find steps a challenge.   It beats the local pool here hands down - no undercover heated pool - and although I have to travel over 40km (round trip), I don't mind as it ticks all the boxes for me.  Unfortunately, it will close soon for it's winter renovations but now that I know it's here... I'll be back!

In the mean time, it means that I'll be reading a little less.  Until I get my health sorted out I find sitting down for too long a tad painful.  I've only been reading in fits and starts lately which isn't the way I like to read.  Finger's crossed that this new regime works and I can soon get back to reading in comfort ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment