January 14, 2016

Challenge Update || January



Well, it's nearly half way through the month and I've finished both of the books for January.  I wasn't sure that I'd get them both read in time as I struggled to make myself read The Murder at the Vicarage.  Yep, that's right.  I did not enjoy this book as much as I thought I would.

The Murder at the Vicarage seemed like a great fit.  I love the TV adaptations, both Joan Hickson and the newer series, and although not my favourite episode, I enjoyed it none the less.  But I found out that I really did not like following the story - or seeing the village - through the eyes of Len Clements, the Vicar.  I found him to be most unlikable.  It took me over a week to finish this!  Very unlike me.  

Then, on Tuesday night, I picked up Playing Beatie Bow.  I thought I'd only read a page or two . . . 17 pages later I had to stop as I was so tired.  Again last night, I was hoping to get a few chapters done - and I finished the whole thing!  Woo-hoo! ;-D

I am hoping to get a short review up soon on both of these books.  Just a quick run down of the hits and misses I discovered when reading them.  Now my only problem is deciding which classic to read in February?  Should I go for The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, or The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald . . . or Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov?  Let me know in the comments which book you think I should tackle next ;-D

Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment