January 10, 2016

Off to a great start


Last night's reading quandary... went with Copper Beach

After a blah reading month in December, I was surprised to find that January has been a huge reading months so far.  Although I've only read 4 new books, I have re-read 2 series to far!  Yes, I had a case of the I-must-read-that-again's, and devoured both the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh, and the Arcane Society/Harmony series by Jayne Ann Krentz (Jayne Castle).


"This is how we blog from bed, blog from bed, blog from bed..."  using EvieNyxx as the keyboard holder

I have been aided in this reading frenzy since due to the fact that I've been laid up for a little while with a bad back, and achilles tendonitis.  Not good for everyday chores that need to be done - don't even start with the vacuuming or hanging out the washing! - but reading books by the handful has helped me pass the time and forget about all my aches and pains.



On the Murder at the Vicarage front, I'm still making my way through at a snail's pace.  Up to page 72 now.  We have a murder, and now with the introduction of Inspector Slack (still an arrogant asshat), it should become a faster read.

My classic for the month, Playing Beatie Bow, is still sitting on top of the basket, waiting for me to pick it up.  Will have to get on that soon as January is just flying by.

Have three new books that should arrive in the post later this week.  Ordered Les Miserables (I know, but I just couldn't resist it), and two of the four books I was missing in the Psy-Changeling series, Shield of Winter and Shards of Hope.  Want to get them all finished before the next release later this year.


Surrounded on all sides by cats!  This is Phrynekinns.

Have a huge stash of books on lay-by in town that I will be picking up later this month, but they will need a post of their own there are so many of them.  Then my self-imposed book ban goes into effect.  I can only buy books that are part of a series that I am already reading - and not the start of a new series - and no stand alone books either, unless they are for a book challenge.  Thrift shop books are a no-go, and unless I get books as gifts, my one and only 'splurge' will be the annual Bookarama held in October.  Thankfully I read a lot of series, so I'm not going to be totally book deprived.

So, that's all from me.  I hope you're having a great January and curling up with a good book.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment