January 7, 2016

First week gone already!

Hello fuds and duds!

I can't believe that the first week of 2016 has already gone.  It seems the older I get, the quicker it goes... {I really need to have a stern word with Father Time 'bout that}.  I was hoping to do more posts this year, but the carpal tunnel in my wrists, especially the right one, is putting this in doubt.  Hard to type with a wrist brace on, yet very painful without.  Will do my best however to get something up every now and then ;-D

On the book front, I've been busy re-reading Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series.  Haven't touched it in nearly 2 years, but for some reason I had to read all ten books that are currently on my shelf (while putting the missing four on my wishlist!).  While I still have favourites (Lucas, Vaughan, Clay, Tally, Sascha, Sienna, Judd, etc), I have been enjoying every book.  Just borrowed Heart of Obsidian from my library - the only Nalini Singh book they had! - and have got a few more on Inter-library loan (ILL) just in case I can't find a copy in the mean time.  Can't wait to see what happens next.  Perhaps I'll start re-reading one of my other guilty pleasure series, paranormal romance of course, to pass the time.


In regards to my self imposed classics challenges, 'a year of Marple' has officially started, and although I'm only about 40 something pages in, I'm eeking it out.  It is so different from the adaptations that I've seen - and love! - because the POV is not from Miss Marple's perspective.  I suppose it will take me a while to get used to that, but seeing the world through the Vicar's eyes isn't that enjoyable at the moment.  He's a bit of a prat and I really don't like him that much.  Does not bode well for the rest of the book, but I hope that it improves once the hunt for the murderer is afoot.

My classic for the month is Playing Beatie Bow, and I won't be cracking that baby open until I've finished the Miss Marple.  Will try to get my hands on a copy of the 80's movie adaptation.  I have vague memories of it from Year 8 English.  More than a few moons ago. 

That about wraps up my reading week.  I will be ordering a few books tomorrow (3 at most) that I need to keep going with a series, or for my challenges.  Can't wait to get a few of them under my belt so that I feel more comfortable with mandatory reading lists.  Usually I'm just a read-what-you-feel kinda girl.

Anyway, I hope you're had a wonderful start to the year.

Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment