September 12, 2018

#victober TBR






Yes, I have decided to toss my tiara into the ring and join #Victober 2018.

My plans were to start slowly and in Jane Eyre I found a book that actually fulfills all five challenges set by the hosts.
  • A book by a hosts favourite Victorian author - check ✔︎
  • Read a Victorian novel with a proper pronoun in the title (persons name/place name) - check ✔︎
  • Read a book published in either the first or last decade of the Victorian era - check ✔︎  Jane Eyre was first published in 1847
  • Read a novel written by a woman under a male pseudonym or published anonymously - check ✔︎ 
  • Read a novel and watch a screen adaptation - check ✔︎

Victober was created by Katie Lumsden over at BOOKS AND THINGS, and is co-hosted this year by Ange from BEYOND THE PAGES, KATE HOWE, and Lucy from LUCY THE READER, who all have Victober Announcement video's up on YouTube and I have linked them above if you are interested in watching them, or if you would like to participate this year. 

So, as well as reading Jane Eyre, I will also be attempting the book chosen for the readalong which is Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell.  Like Jane Eyre, I have been meaning to read this for years to no avail.  Looks like Victober is the kick in the butt I need to finally start these classics.

Finger's crossed that I can complete both books.  I'll be updating my reading progress as the month goes along.  These won't be the only books I'll be reading in October.  I also want to get in some Halloween Reads and a little bit of Kingoween as well.  Looks like I'll have a lot on my plate for next month.

Wish me luck!, and until I see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment