July 10, 2019

Earl Grey Update


It’s been just over 6 weeks since I visited the local RSPCA shelter and came home with a new cat. Luckily, EG has been such a catalyst for settling the troubles between Evie Nyxx and Smokey. On his second night in the house he decided that he was not having anymore of this isolation sh*t, and he cried and kicked up such a fuss that I had to grab him late that night. He swanned into the bedroom with me, jumped up on the bed - much to the shock of Evie Nyxx and Smokey - and proceeded to snuggle down and purr up a storm. No one lashed out at him, and there were only a few grumbles and a small growl or two, and from that point on, EG was a member of the family.


Now, he gets into mischief with Phrynekinns, plays chase-me-Charlie through the house with the more recalcitrant Smokey, and has no fear about barging onto my lap, or chest, at night while I’m trying to cuddle Evie Nyxx.  He’s a delightful bundle of energy that has make a rather tense threesome into a calm and interactive foursome. Looks like this time, the fourth cat was the charm.






No comments:

Post a Comment