December 20, 2011

Great... that's just what I needed

... not.

Frustration is at an all time high as just when I want to print out the final copy of my assignment, my printer dies about 3 pages in. It stopped and told me that I had the incorrect print head.  What the f*#$!

Print Head
 Seriously, just what are the odds of that anyway?

My Canon Pixma MP970 has been an excellent printer, and at only 4 years old I thought that the part I need might still be available.  So I called local office suppliers, and places like Dick Smiths - an electronics chain store for those not in Oz - only to be told that the part would cost around $200!  That's nearly as much as I paid for the printer brand new.  Other places told me that the "print head is the life of the printer.  Lose that and it's cheaper to replace the printer than buy a part"... OMG.

Thankfully, mum came to the rescue.  I called her about sourcing a possible replacement print head, cause she's not out in the sticks, and turns out that it is really cheaper to replace the whole thing.

So after downloading brochures online, I think Santa/Mum will be bringing me a new printer for Christmas.  A new Canon Pixma MG4160. 

Please Santa, let it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment