August 9, 2012

Spending a cold night with a good book and a cuppa

Last night was so cold here in SE QLD.  For the 11th night in a row, I had to shiver through subzero temperatures - the lowest at -4°c (or about 25°f) - and it seems there's no end in sight.  At these temperatures I should be able to enjoy having some snow falling, but nooooo we don't get snow here.  So, when I heard the weatherman make his prediction that was it.  I was calling it a night and heading off to bed.  There was no way in hell I was sitting in a chilly room (that I can never seem to heat up) trying to watch the Olympics (the only thing watchable on TV, but that's another story).  Grabbing a book at random, I made a steaming hot mug of tea and scampered off to bed.  


It was so cold that my cat wanted to get under the blankets too!  That's when you know it's really cold.  Today it's fine and sunny but the wind is howling.  As I write this I'm curled up on the sofa, cat in lap, bundled up in winter woollies.  I'm even contemplating getting a throw rug to wrap around me.  I foresee another freezing night ahead of me... I wish I had a fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment