July 14, 2014

More new books



Hi again!  With all the cold weather blues, I forgot to add the new books my postie was so kind to deliver to my door last Friday afternoon to one of my posts.  I've been waiting on tenderhooks for the last book in the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness, Book of Life, to come out - just one more sleep left! - but before I buy it I wanted to re-read A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night.  That's all fine and good, but my copy of Shadow of Night is the huge trade paperback, and it's just way too bulky to put into my handbag when I go out.  Then when I was online at Book Depository I came across the US cover for the mass market size.  I loved the cover design so I bought it. 


When the postie delivered my three parcels {why does Book Depository always post my orders in individual parcels?} I noticed that one was in a large cardboard cover.  It was Shadow of Night, and when I opened it I realised why it came in such a large box.  It's freaking HUGE!  It totally dwarfs my cosy mystery, The Silver Needle by Laura Childs (which was also part of this order). The final book was by Rachel Neumeier, Lord of the Changing Winds.  This is the first book in the Griffin Mage series, and sounded interesting.  I haven't looked at any reviews yet as I don't want to be influenced by other peoples opinions.

However as you know there are more books to be bought, and I've already earmarked 4 books for the end of the month.  Finally, Cast in Flames will be out.  It seems like I've been waiting for this book for forever.  Hope you all found something good to read this month.  So until the next haul...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment