October 13, 2015

OMG! It's coming...


This morning I finished re-reading The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness, and feeling a little lost I wandered around the internet and happened to go to her website to check up on the progress of the BBC adapation.  {pssst, nothing happening}

However, while I was there I found myself looking at her News & Events page - will she ever come to Australia for a book signing? - and found out that a fourth book has been bought!  WTF?!  OMG!  {almost hyperventilating!}  So excited.  I was, and promise to be for quite a while, over the moon and as I adore the trilogy I wanted to get that book in my hands asap.  But there is one little catch - it doesn't come out until 2017. 

So while that is a major bummer, I will content myself with the knowledge that a fourth book is making it's way to me.  

As you can tell from the my pic, the title of the book is The Serpent's Mirror, and according to Goodreads it...
... will be set in the All Souls’ world and centered on Matthew Clairmont’s career as a vampiric double agent in the Tudor era, the novel explores historical riddles surrounding the ascent of Elizabeth I to the throne. A contemporary narrative involves the witch-historian Diana Bishop and the cast of the Harkness’s bestselling All Souls’ Trilogy (A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night, and The Book of Life). THE SERPENT'S MIRROR is projected as the opening volume of a series of novels drawing from material in the centuries-old de Clermont archives, and a 2017 publication is planned.
Sounds amazing as I love Shadow of Night, the historical figures as well as the historical setting, and fingers crossed that the planned for series is as wonderful as All Souls.

So happy ;-D

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment