October 13, 2015

Time flies

via Shutterstock
I can't believe it's almost Halloween already!  This year is just flying by.  It seems the older I get, the faster the years seem to speed by.  I wish it would slow down... I wonder, who do I call about that?

Anyway, onto other things.  I've been a very bad bookworm the last few weeks.  I have more than a few books that have arrived in the mail - with a few still left to arrive!  And I get to pick up an armful of books over the next few weeks that I have had on layby at a local store (mostly mine, but a couple for Christmas presents).  Soon it won't be a case of buying a new bookcase or two, but moving into a bigger place so I can fit all the needed bookcases.

In other news, I have a few Christmas ideas gelling at the moment.  I want to get back into sewing and quilting (stupid carpal tunnel has prevented me from sewing nearly all year!), but I've found 2 smaller, and quite simple, projects that I will try before attempting something more complicated - and possibly painful.

Speaking of painful, I got in my annual redecorating funk and moved nearly all the furniture and bookcases around 3 weeks ago.  I like the new layout as I can experience morning sunlight in the lounge area once again, and I'm not in a dark corner hiding behind a bookcase when I sit on the sofa.  But I paid for this one-woman-effort with major nerve problems in my wrists.  Thankfully after a day or two the pain subsided - and it was worth it.  I love the open plan look.

Apart from that, not much else has been going on.  I'm waiting to see the surgeon at the hospital to see what they have to say about operating on my wrists (something I'm really not looking forward too), and in the mean time I'm going to try and catch up on some Halloween reading.


Speaking of, I finished the All Souls Trilogy this morning.  Absolutely adore it.  I have re-read the trilogy at least four, perhaps five?, times.  The only problem is that there are so many unanswered questions that I'm hoping Deborah Harkness is planning another book to resolve all the loose threads.  I don't care if it's 10 years in the character's futures... I just need to know! 

{Hmmm... note to self: perhaps a review is in order?}

Anyway, I'd better scoot and get on with my long list of chores.

Until next time,
 

PS - Oh, I forgot to mention that I won my first ever giveaway (online)!  Allen & Unwin were having a spring clean and I won a book on Instagram.  Was so excited.  I had nominated to get the book, Prick, but somehow ended up with Undermajor Domo Minor?  Caused a few minutes of confusion, but the synopsis sounded very intriguing.  Hope to get to it in November.


No comments:

Post a Comment