April 26, 2013

Joined a Book Club!

Yes, I finally got involved with a book club at my local library.  Okay, it was my idea and I've had the notice up on displayed for a while - but someone has finally called me!

I wanted to do a genre based book club, and paranormal romance/suspense/mystery, etc., just seemed the way to go as I own so many of those books.  I just find it a very interesting genre, and there is no right or wrong way to do things.  

So, today I finally met my fellow bibliophile, and found that I was with a kindred spirit.  Phew, that was definitely  a load off my mind.  We sat and chatted about what we've been reading, and it took us over an hour to finally decide on our first official book (as I've read, and own, so very many of these books).  Finally we selected Disappearing Nightly by Laura Resnick (book 1 in the Esther Diamond series). 


It was great to be able to talk to someone who loves to read the same type of books I do, and although we have to make a time for our first 'review', I'm looking forward to it.  Now I must leave you.  I'm off to order my book, and then get together some guidelines, question ideas, and other book club necessities.  Hmmmm... will use Fangtastic Fiction for the book club name?  Will let you know how it all goes ;-D

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment