January 4, 2014

'Beat the Heat' Survival Kit


It's been another scorcher today.  At 3:30pm it was 41.5°c!  Well, maybe a tad more, but still bloody hot ;-D

After yesterday's hot temperature, when the mercury started to climb today I retreated to the bedroom where my little 'Beat the Heat' supplies have come in handy.


First, make sure that you have a good cross ventilation system going.  I simply opened the windows.  Then put a small desk fan at the bottom of the bed.  To make sure it's wasn't going anywhere, I put it on a hardcover book.  Lie down and spritz your bare legs with the water bottle - set on mist - and the result will make you feel so much cooler!

I, personally, made sure there was a supply of cold water, and books to read, so that I didn't have to get up very often.  Its a cheap way to keep cool - especially if you don't have air conditioning.

Just remember to spritz yourself regularly for best results.

PS, put an old sheet under yourself otherwise your bedspread might get a little damp!

No comments:

Post a Comment