February 13, 2014

Two new audiobooks

Been having a blah kind of week.  Sleep has been sporadic - thanks to 2 cats and local traffic - and this morning I would have been quite happy to stay in bed and go back to sleep for a few more hours, but I since it was 8am I thought I really should get up.




During this blah week, I've been going through some of my old favourites from the bookshelf (Stephanie Plum still rocks!).  I must be in a funk because I just haven't found anything at the local bookshop that's grabbed me.  The most interesting thing I have found recently were 2 free audiobook from the bookshop.  On the audiobook stand (in the ABC Shop section) they usually have a CD with audiobook samples.  This time, there were 2 larger cards that were genre specific - supposedly.



I grabbed up the two on offer, but didn't really look at them until I got home.  After fighting my way through the plastic wrap I discovered that in the Romance, Crime & Mystery card was a free copy of The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian, while the Sci-Fi, Vampires & Love card contained a disc of Boundless by Cynthia Hand.  I'm not quite sure if I'll listen to them - Boundless is Book 3, I think?, but it never hurts to have a spare audiobook in case of travel emergencies ;-D  

Sample mp3
Now if only they'd give away Three to Get Deadly - unabridged of course - I'd be a very happy camper!  I haven't been able to find a copy of that audiobook for love nor money (well, under $30 anyway).  It's turning out to be my holy grail of audiobooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment