February 10, 2014

Yeah, Pre-Cuts on Sale!

Made time for a quick raid on one of my local quilting shops.  They're having 25% off pre-cut packs for the month of February, so I've been back twice so far to get some supplies for this years projects.




I picked up 2 charm packs for my uncle's lap rug. It took a while, but I settled on Road 15 as it's more masculine, without being too childish - I don't think a man heading towards 80 really needs animals, trucks or tractors - plus there are some good colours here that I can expand on for the backing.  I'm leaning towards the grey and blue/green.  Thankfully, they also have bolts of the same range so I can buy by the metre.  Makes it so much easier that way.



Then I headed over to the more girly packs and chose Bluebird for a medium sized (5'x5' or bigger) lap rug for the couch for me.  I seem to be doing projects for everyone else, and I've yet to even keep something I've quilted for me!  So this is just for me!  I just couldn't resist once I saw the bunny print as I used to own a rabbit ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment