May 16, 2015

The Dragon of Despair is M.I.A


It doesn't happen very often, thank God, but when it does it can ruin your reading experience.  Yes, that fabulous foible known as lost mail.


Waaay way back on the 24th March I ordered two out of print (OOP) books that I desperately need to continue on with the Firekeeper Saga series by Jane Lindskold.  I own the first two books, ordered books 3 and 4, and bought book 6 brand new (with book 5 on my wishlist).  Everything went as expected, order was confirmed through AbeBooks.com, and I sat back as I waited to get my books.  And arrive it did, well the first book, Wolf Captured, anyway.  Exactly on the due date of 22 April. 

Fast forward nearly another month, and I'm still waiting for the postie to bring this hardcover book to my door!  Finally - having annoyed my trusty post-lady enough - I decided to find out what I could from the UK seller.  Fired off an email, and within 24 hours I had a reply... just not the one I'd hoped for.

Since it has been more than 10 days since they posted the item, and it's soooooo overdue, they can only conclude that the package has been 'lost in transit'.  WTF?!  They refunded my money without any questions - not that I'd even asked for one in my query - I just wish postage was included in refund as that was way more than the book cost!

So that's that.

My only hope is that it turns up one day.  Perhaps it's held up in customs, or has just been misplaced as I haven't been able to find another copy of the book that's in good or better condition and still affordable and I can't read the other 3 books until after I read this one.  Oh, and before you ask, yes I have looked for a copy at both my current library, as well as my old library, and no one has a copy!  I've been trying to inter-library loan (ILL), but it's not a popular book.

The frustrations of ordering online.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, my lovelies, that I may read this book yet ;-D

Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment